My Work: Litmus Live
Litmus Live is the premier conference for email marketing professionals.
Out of everything I’ve done at Litmus, the conference is my most important work. Beyond driving business and name recognition for the company, Litmus Live has empowered a growing community of professionals, connected thousands of people, and done so by providing a safe and inclusive environment in the process.
Originally called The Email Design Conference, Litmus Live has transformed from a small, niche event for email developers to one of the most respected industry conferences for email marketers, strategists, designers, developers, and marketing leaders.
Starting in 2013—its first year—I have been deeply involved with Litmus Live, including:
- Hosting annual workshops on a variety of topics, moderating panels with speakers from companies like Salesforce, Pinterest, and Google, and speaking both individually and on behalf of Litmus.
- Serving as the conference MC in both 2019 and 2020.
- Working both in-house and with contractors to budget, plan, and execute conference events in the US and internationally.
- Developing conference agendas for multiple years.
- Coaching speakers and working with them to create the best sessions possible.
In 2018, I wrote and pushed for the introduction of a code of conduct for Litmus Live. And, with the help of my amazing colleagues, we’ve been able to focus on putting diverse voices on stage, many of them people who previously attended before getting up on stage.
From a numbers perspective, my work has contributed to:
- 20+ events.
- Connecting over 6,000 attendees.
- Getting over 200 speakers up on stage.
- Driving 7 figures in annual ticket sales.
- And way more than that in sales opportunities from the conference.
All that being said, the best part of Litmus Live is getting to hang out with speakers and attendees. It’s always an extraordinary opportunity to learn from the people that are building and defining the marketing industry and has led to some of my best relationships, both personally and professionally.
Here’s what a few folks have said about Litmus Live:
Had so many “aha!” moments during the last two days. Geeking out with kindred email spirits—this is my Disneyland!
Really impressed. Best industry conference I have attended.
The content & sessions were spot on. Never before have I been to a conference with as many takeaways that we will be able to immediately apply! Thank you!