Jason Rodriguez (he/him) is a civic-minded designer, writer, and marketer.
Jason Rodriguez is a designer, writer, and teacher. He spends his time teaching people about how to create better relationships with subscribers through email strategy, copywriting, design, and development.
Jason Rodriguez is a designer, writer, and marketer. Currently the Email Marketing Manager at Bonfire, Jason helps community organizations, movements, and creators design and sell custom products so that they can keep doing good work in the world.
Before Bonfire, he was the Community & Product Evangelist at Litmus, which is a fancy way of saying that he taught people how to make better emails—typically through writing some wildly popular articles and ebooks and hosting more webinars, workshops, and conference talks than he can even remember. For a few years, he was also responsible for producing and hosting Litmus Live—the industry-leading conference for email marketing professionals.
Prior to Litmus, Jason lived the agency life as an email and web designer. Over the past decade, Jason has written multiple books on email marketing, design, and development, and hundreds of thousands of words for the Litmus blog and industry publications like A List Apart and CSS-Tricks.
When not writing, Jason helps organize and host Litmus Live, the premier annual conference for the email industry. He routinely speaks at industry events and hosts practical, hands-on workshops to teach people how to design and develop better, more accessible email campaigns.
In his free time, Jason works with progressive organizations like the Livonia Democratic Club, where he currently serves on the Executive Board as the Digital Communications Coordinator.
Jason lives in Michigan with his wife, two daughters, and a growing stack of books.
Over the last ten years, I’ve written hundreds of thousands of words on email strategy, copywriting, design, development, and accessibility. If you really want, I could probably wrangle a list of all of the articles, ebooks, and books I’ve written, but here are my favorites:
- The Better Email on Design, Self-published book and course
- Modern HTML Email, Self-published book
- Professional Email Design, Self-published book
- The Ultimate Guide to Email Accessibility, Litmus, ebook
- Can email be responsive?, A List Apart, article
- The Coming Revolution in Email Design, A List Apart, article
- Mobile is here to stay. What comes next?, Litmus, article
- Understanding Mobile Email Approaches, Litmus, article
- HTML Email and Accessibility, CSS-Tricks, article
- So, You Wanna Submit a Proposal to Speak at an Event, CSS-Tricks, article
- Practical Tips for Better Tech Talk Slides, LogRocket, article
- The Easiest Way to Keep Your Web Apps Accessible, LogRocket, article
- What Every Developer Needs to Know About HTML Email, LogRocket, article
Notable Speaking Engagements
Over the last few years, I’ve attended over 30 conferences and meetups. Of those, I’ve spoken at quite a few of them. Here are some notable ones:
- Inclusive Email Marketing, Emailing2020, keynote
- Understanding Email Design and Development, Litmus Live, workshop
- Email Best Practices to Improve Accessibility, Salesforce Connections
- Engaging Subscribers with High-Performance Design, Litmus Live, workshop
- Wrapping Your Head Around Modern HTML Email, Digital Summit, session
- Innovations and Best Practices in Email Marketing, Financial Brand Forum, session
- Email at the Turning Point, e-Village Inspiration Sessions, keynote
- But what about email?, QA Summit, session
- Building Mobile-First Emails, Silverpop Amplify, workshop
- Building Better HTML Email Campaigns, HighEdWeb Technical Academy, workshop
- 5 Trends Shaping the Email Marketing Industry, Litmus Live, session
- Building a Community with Curated Content, The Email Design Conference, session
- Designing for Emotion in Email, The Email Design Conference, session
- Designing and Building Emails for Everyone, SoundBoard Marketing, session
In case you need my headshot or a speaking shot for marketing purposes.
Photo Headshot: Download hi-res version
Jason On Stage: Download hi-res version
Nice Things People Have Said About Jason
Jason has a natural ability to deliver results. We implemented his recommendations into our email campaigns and the outcome was nothing but positive.
Rich O’Brian, SketchUcation
Taking @RodriguezCommaJ ‘s fantastic email dev course…
What I’ve learned: Most email clients aren’t accessible and will strip away your work. So you have to use inline styling, divs, absolute values…
What I’m unlearning: Most everything.
Jason you still just get me.
Jason’s books bring much needed clarity in the confusing world of email design. Fewer headaches, better emails!
Massimo Arrigoni, MailUp
I thought I already had many tricks and tactics down pat, but time and again as I kept reading I found myself SMH as you presented a more elegant, supported, and email client-friendly way to accomplish the same or better! Bravo!
Jason’s book was a lifesaver when I started doing email. As someone who came from a web background before, you couldn’t have asked for a better crash course into the mad world of email.
Dermot Hughes, Web Designer & Developer
If you ever do email builds , stump on the dollar for The Better Email by Design book by @RodriguezCommaJ. Feedback on recent emails since reading the book by clients ‘Great’, ‘Wow’, ‘Awesome’.
Wow! Aside from the obvious upgrade in production value, what you can’t see in these photos is your leadership, speaking, and storytelling skills growing as well. Huge congrats!
Your work helped shape this industry.
I hope you know how far reaching your impact has been on this industry.
Jason you are incredible, thank you for everything you have done for the email geeks community!