I'm a marketer who uses writing, speaking, podcasting, and video to help other marketers around the world get more out of their email marketing, making some money and growing relationships in the process. I give a shit about others and work hard to make simple, understandable, accessible, and inclusive work.
Outside of marketing, I serve on the Executive Board of the Livonia Democratic Club as the Digital Communications Coordinator, create civic design and illustration, and play music.
I send an email newsletter.
Folks from places like Apple, Spotify, The New York Times, The University of Michigan, and Target subscribe to hear my thoughts on marketing, design, writing, civics, and more.
I make things.
Professionally, I'm a marketer with a knack for email, copywriting, public speaking, webinars, and teaching others how to excel at their own marketing. Over the last 10+ years, I've learned a load of skills to support that kind of work.
See LinkedIn for my professional history or check out an incomplete list of work below:
Books and Courses
- The Better Email - Self-Published
- HTML Email Development v2 - Frontend Masters
- The Ultimate Guide to Dark Mode Email - Litmus
- The Ultimate Guide to Email Templates - Litmus
- The Ultimate Guide to Email Accessibility - Litmus
- Design, Content, and Cadence - Litmus, MarketingProfs
- Email Resolutions for 2021 - Litmus, DonorsChoose, Advisor Group
- The Trends Shaping the State of Email in 2021 - Litmus
- Inbox Nightmares: Facings Our Deepest Email Marketing Fears - Litmus, Oracle
- The Future of the Inbox - Litmus, Salesforce, Verizon Media, Google
- How Design Systems Empower Email Teams Everywhere - Litmus, Zillow, Stack Overflow
- What Makes a Really Good Newsletter - Litmus, Really Good Emails.
- Best Practices for Email Marketing During a Crisis - Litmus, Girl Scouts of the USA, Really Good Emails
- 4 Ways to Get Fresh Insights from Your Email List - Oracle, 2021
- 3 Ways Not Testing Kills Your Email Conversion Rate - Oracle, 2021
- Are you investing in or spending your email subscribers' trust? - Litmus, 2021
- What is BIMI and why should email marketers care? - Litmus, 2021
- How Email Design Affects Conversions - Oracle, 2021
- Balancing Time and Effort for Personalization - Oracle, 2020
- Getting Technical: Implementing Different Languages in Email - Oracle, 2020
- So, You Wanna Submit a Proposal to Speak at an Event - CSS-Tricks, 2019
- What It Takes to Create More Inclusive Email Marketing Experiences - Litmus, 2019
- Are voice assistants the future of email marketing? - Litmus, 2019
- Practical Tips for Better Tech Talk Slides - LogRocket, 2018
- Why We Introduced a Code of Conduct for Litmus Live - Litmus, 2018
- The Easiest Way to Keep Your Web Apps Accessible - LogRocket, 2018
- What Every Developer Needs to Know About HTML Email - LogRocket, 2018
- HTML Email and Accessibility - CSS-Tricks, 2017
- Understanding Hybrid and Responsive Email Design - Litmus, 2016
- The Coming Revolution in Email Design - A List Apart, 2016
- The Tyranny of Tables - Litmus, 2015
- Can email be responsive? - A List Apart, 2014
Looking for older work?
I archived my old site to simplify my life. You can still browse it here.